Tuesday, September 11, 2007

HW 6 Internet Statement for Semester Long Project

Out of all of the social computing technologies that are listed I have basically picked three that have to do with communicating over the internet. This interested me because I believe that the internet has a huge impact not only on my everyday life but the whole world’s everyday life. And it would interest me to see how often and what the average American uses the computer for. Out of the three kinds of empowerment of marginalized groups I picked overcoming sexism and racism along with issues of disabilities or learning differences. These three interest me the most because they are also very common in the average Americans life. People are forced to deal with others being sexiest along with racist causing them to lose certain opportunities that may impact there live. I also choose issues of disabilities or learning differences because they too affect many peoples daily lifestyle and I think it would be interesting to see how it may affect them. Lastly I picked the Middle East and the United States as my geographical areas because I feel that the internet is used most in the United States and is beginning to just come out in the Middle East and I would like to see how the internet has affected the United States and also the absence of the internet has affected the Middle East.

No comments: