Wednesday, September 19, 2007

After reading “A Weblog Saved My Life Last Night” by Ayelet Waldman (Kline and Bustein 343-348) I realized that I had agreed with most of what she was saying. But while Ayelet Waldman is probably wrong when she had posted her suicidal note on the internet I understand that she was doing it to reach out for help. Suicide is a serious issue and no one should have to deal with it. But the way that Waldmam had reached out for help I think was the wrong way to deal with the problem. She should have seeked help from someone local instead of broadcasting her willing to kill herself on the internet. Although I disagreed with the way Waldman reached out for help with her suicide note I fully agree with the way she used the infertility weblogs. I believe that pregnancy is a hard time to go through especially by yourself. I understand that you have your husband and family there to support but there’s no one better to talk to about it then someone that is going through the same thing. Even though she is a mother of four children and is still visiting the website I believe is great! She is able to help others with there problems and give to support to those who are having difficulties and second thoughts.