Monday, November 5, 2007

HW 28 "An open letter to Riverbend"

After reading the first 50 pages of “Baghdad Burning” by Riverbend it gave me a better understanding of what is going on in Iraq today. I’m not going to lie I’m one of those Americans who is safe behind there computers and was completely oblivious to what these people where going through. I watch the news and only see what they chose to show, but I realized that they don’t show what truly is going on there. They don’t let us know that American soldiers are raiding houses, that many Iraqi’s are living most of their life without electricity and many of them are losing their jobs. For example, they are in the process of “rebuilding” Iraq and there are many Iraqi’s that are capable of rebuilding the damaged buildings and bridges. But instead they Americans completing these jobs for and on top of that they are overpricing everything. I also found ridiculous how E had to go out with a pistol at night when someone was calling his name because he didn’t know what could happen to him. They is wrong when someone has to take a pistol with them just to see who’s in there backyard, no one should have to live in these conditions. After reading the beginning of these book it gave me a better understanding of what is happening and how these Iraqis are suffering. I give them a lot of credit for what they have to put up with and I wish them all the best of luck with each new day.

1 comment:

Tracy Mendham said...

Nicely done, heartfelt.